Friday, December 5, 2008

Avoid Alcoholic Beverages While Using This Product

Here I am with a new cold in my head
& a can of beer in my hand
stoned on Chlor-trimeton B.
The only drug I trust is aspirin.
No more red wine since I drank five glasses
at a party & puked in the bushes
as Jim was about to shake my hand
& wish me a good night.
The beautiful woman he had brought
stood there asking, Is he all right?
over & over as I bent & gagged,
Jim helpless, answering, It’s cool,
it’s his front yard.

I have no excuse for my bad habits,
but as for my aching joints, Mom, I said
once when I thought she was listening,
you have me some weird genes.

© Bob Rixon

Comments:
I dig this. Perhaps, embarrassingly, because I can relate...

;)
 
That was funny Bob. I liked it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]